What's my point? Megan and I had a good discussion about people, the south, and how we all live together. We discussed the people I work with and their backgrounds. I thought and thought about my coworkers, and told Megan that out of about 100 people I work with there is only one African American. So today I went to work and noticed that two other people that I work with, who I talk and meet with every day, are African Americans. Thanks Seattle Times for ruining Dr King's dream.
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Pride (In The Name of Love)
Sunday to honor Martin Luther King Jr the Seattle Times had a series of stories, most of which described a journey of a group of Seattle people to Atlanta to observe racists in their natural habitat. Now only the crazy among us would deny that some of our citizens group and categorize others based on superficial characteristics like our skin color. But come on, they're all in Georgia? As Megan said in her not yet published letter to the editor, the Southern Poverty Law Center has won significant and substantial suits against Nazis in the Pacific Northwest. So maybe this safari could have been done a little closer to home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen, brother.
Racists are everywhere, not just in Georgia. What about the mayor of New Orleans wanting a "Chocolate New Orleans?".
He is such a racist & bad rep for the city that I for one will not visit New Orleans and waste my hard earned money in a city as ignorant as they were to elect him.
I saw the Ray Nagin video clip on the Daily Show. I have to agree with Jon Stewart here, with the heat and humidity in New Orleans it's going to be a gooey mess in the summer time.
My favorite comment was letter I saw in USA Today that went something like New Orleans is more like an ice cream sundae, chocolate and vanilla swirls with nuts on the top.
In this exciting speech the mayor also said that hurricanes are God's punishment for whatever the mayor thinks deserves punishing. "Oooo, this could be good blogging material," I thought, so I searched around but didn't find much other than one unconfirmed quote that New Orleans at some point in the past was being overrun with Mexicans.
The mayor's political career didn't start until 2002, before that he was a cable TV executive. He must be the guy keeping porn off basic cable. Bam chicka bam bam,
Post a Comment