Well, I'm here alone with the pack tonight. Megan is on vacation in Las Vegas with Frank and Tweedle. I forgot to ask her if she's money.
I'm easing into the holiday weekend. Had a lot of work to do today, more action than a Friday typically brings. That was OK though, I only have a month to go. I'm signing up as a consultant too, so that ought to give me a couple hours a week, enough for an IRA contribution and beer money.
I picked up the Blues Brothers movie at the library and watched that tonight. The cover says it's the 25th anniversary edition. Wow, I remember the first time I saw it at the movies. That was back in the summer I worked at Boy Scout camp. My day came out to pick me up on a Wednesday night, the night staff was allowed to leave for the evening. We saw the movie at whatever the theatre was called there at Five Points in Albany. I didn't know it at the time that I liked blues music, I just liked their act. It was funny then, it's funny now.
The cast was really star-packed. Belushi and Aykroyd, with musical director Paul Schaffer, put together a great band. Paul wasn't in the movie, but, wow, what a cast. Musicians not in the band included the godfather of soul James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Cab Calloway, and John Lee Hooker. The actors included Twiggy, Pee Wee Herman, John Candy, and Star Wars favorites Steven Spielberg, Frank Oz, and Carrie Fisher playing a character similar to Ann Coulter, only more rational.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Another fine movie choice. When I used to drive a truck I always dreamed of driving my truck like they drove the Blues mobile. fortunately I snapped back to reality before hitting Lower Wacker Blvd at atomic speeds like they did in the big chase scene.
There was another cool thing in the movie I forgot to mention. The scene where they drive thru the mall, the drive through a record store. There was a life-size cardboard display of a cyclist. I'm pretty sure it was Dave (Dennis Christopher) from Breaking Away. I haven't seen that on in a while. The Cutters were the best.
Post a Comment