Friday, March 21, 2008

G&d d@#! America???

What the heck is up with that? All week long the traditional media had been playing a 24 hour loop of some crazy preacher saying "god damn America". This crazy preacher is pals with my man Barack so that's apparently what makes it newsworthy. CNN, ABC, Faux News, they all had it and said the same thing. Therefore I knew there had to be something missing. We know that McCain has his own Crazy-Preacher Following including Robertson, Hagee, Dodson, and the late Fatty Falwell, but we won't bring up anything crazy they said because, well, I'm not sure why. Any ideas?

Now, before I get too far off track, Obama kicked some ass this week with a trifecta of speeches about race, Iraq, and the economy. I only wish I could be half as smart and write 1/10 as well as he does. But, he pretty much captured what I think and said it unoffensively, something I can't seem to do. So I won't summarize, I'll only say read what he said.

Now, back to the crazy preacher. I found some videos of the sermons that had bits pulled out for the 24/7 loop. In context, as a whole, I have to agree with what he's saying. This is where Paul Harvey says, "and now, the rest of the story".





Yikes! The Rev. Wright went through a list of the bad things that the US Government has done to powerless people, compared that to some similar biblical stories that pissed God off, and said to his congregation "don't do this shit or you'll be getting the Jesus smack-down". I don't know too much about Jesus, but I have the idea that he was all about helping the powerless. If God truly were to damn anyone, it would be someone who was messing with his favorites, the poor and downtrodden. I can't argue with anything the Reverand says. He seems to be preaching the word of the Lord. What's wrong with that?

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I don't care much for preachers and politicians. Let's see what he has to say about the Kwame situation when he comes to Detroit:

http://tinyurl.com/5xm5jd

Len said...

Are you going to do a revote in Michigan? I imagine that neither candidate wants to be on stage with Kwame, no matter how cool his hat is.

Betsy said...

No revote in Michigan. We'd probably just screw it up anyhow.

Kwame came out this week in support of Obama. I'm sure he was overjoyed to hear that endorsement.