Megan came home from fork last night and cheered. Yes, I mowed the grass. It hasn't been raining much but the pine needles have been dropping like crazy so that we could barely see the driveway. Well now it looks neat and tidy out front. Now the reason I say this is that I was out in the shed getting the mower and I noticed my fixed gear bike.
I haven't been riding it lately, so I pulled it out, pumped up the tires, and took it out for a spin through the neighborhood. It was great. I went for a longer ride today on it, about 15 miles, through the Decatur, Oakhurst, and Kirkwood neighborhoods and had a great time. It was sunny and the temperature was perfect.
As long as I was at it, I also got my mountain bike fixed up. Here's the bike that nearly killed Clark in Seattle because the breaks sucked. I put some Kool Stop pads on it and that great '80s bar tape that I had in my stash. So now I'm ready to hit the trails again next month when school is over.
And finally, Megan has not been blogging, I don't know why. Here's a photo she took of us flying over the Talladega speedway last month. I don;t care about the race, but see the Blimp? We flew over the blimp!
Don't be disappointed, I have (hopefully only) one more post about Sarah Palin, Constitutional Scholar, coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Those tires are the BEST on that single speed!
Thanks! I'm sad they don't make them anymore. They look cool, and they ride real well too.
Kicking Old School, like an Old Fool! Nice ride, glad to see you dusting them off in anticipation!
Post a Comment