Monday, March 27, 2006

Funny How Time Slips Away

It has been more than a month since my last post. The important details, I'm back on my bike. I had a good ride tonight out to Stone Mountain with a local club, they seem to be about my speed and they like to have a bee after a ride. Sounds good to me. I had a nice long ride Sunday, went out to Lithonia, then up around Stone Mountain then home. It's a little more populated here than the west side so I'll still have some work to do planning rides. I have to go to Seattle Wednesday so I'll be off the bike for a while, then I hope to ride out to Rockmart Sunday. There's a brevet on the 15th, so I need to get warmed up.

I can't miss out writing about riding in Albany. We arrived first in Albany, annd I had my bike, so after 3000 miles in the car it was great to be back on the bike. We had several good rides, including a great 60 miler to Bronwood. There is some good riding in Albany.

We're planning to get a storage shed built so we can get the bikes out of the house. They take up a lot of room. I've got the shed order almost complete. I called a concrete contractor today to get an idea of the price of a concrete slab for the floor. He quoted a price much higher than the shed for the pad alone. That's crazy. I think we'll go with a wood floor.

No comments: