Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Come Along And Ride This Train

After a weekend of slothfulness I was back on the bike today. Running late I took the short route to work. My friend Thomas has been riding his bike to work a lot lately, at least when he's in the office and not on the road. He lives near me, so we hooked up for a ride home together. We caught a ride with some other guys for the ascent and decent of Dexter Hill. We were moving, a real commuter train. I can't tell how fast, going old school again I took the computer of a couple of my bikes. I'd like to try a few brevets without it next year, see how that works out.
The pedestrians are thinning out, maybe it's the darkness. Probably not the weather, It was relatively warm today.
Last night we went to Big Time Brewery for dinner. They're pouring a number of seasonal heavies now. Scarlet Fire IPA is always a good choice. There's a Decemberfest as well, but I'll say I preferred the maltier Novemberfest last month. I finished up with an Emeritus, a beer celebrating their seventeenth anniversary. Old Wooly is also available. I didn't have one, but it looked very popular. Next time.

No comments: